POSITION SUMMARY:The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults, and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is performed through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships. ARC and the Natural Resources Group (NRG) also staff the Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District (Metro Water District), which is responsible for integrated water, wastewater, and watershed planning for the 15-county metro Atlanta area.
The Data Analyst, Senior will be responsible for researching, collecting, organizing, and analyzing a wide range of data to meet the programmatic needs of the Natural Resources Group. The Data Analyst, Senior will also help group members use the data to inform and shape planning, programming, and technical assistance efforts. In some instances, this individual will assist team members with existing data-related efforts, and in other instances they may take a leading role in new data-related efforts.
The Data Analyst, Senior will be expected to work with a wide range of data sets and given the spatial aspect of many of these data sets, GIS experience and capabilities are essential.
The Data Analyst, Senior will also be responsible for managing data systems for water withdrawals and wastewater systems and coordinating with stakeholders to collect data. The rebate programs produce a rich data set, and the Data Analyst, Senior will be tasked with finding new and innovative uses of this data. Any future expansion of rebate programs is expected to have data-related components as key features. This individual will support staff members in providing technical assistance to local governments in the Metro Water District, including through source water assessments, digital river basin profiles, other data-related planning, and beyond.
As necessary, the Data Analyst, Senior will also assist with other ongoing Natural Resources Group efforts, including Green Communities, Metropolitan River Protection Act, Finding the Flint and others. This may include general assistance with work efforts as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPENTENCIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, urban planning, computer science, information technology or related field;
Two (2) years’ experience in data collection and analysis
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
In addition to the detailed examples of responsibilities and abilities contained herein, all employees of the Atlanta Regional Commission are expected to model behavior consistent with the guiding principles outlined in our Evolution Strategy. Specifically, incumbents are responsible for demonstrating work habits that are:
1. Interdisciplinary by promoting professional and interpersonal connections and integration across functional disciplines;
2. Holistic by seeking expertise within the team, Group, or Agency to produce his/her work output, and demonstrating a strong understanding of and support for interrelationships between their work and the work of others in the team, Group, or Agency;
3. Actionable by continuously striving to improve his/her capabilities to produce sustainable outcomes, and displaying a strong need for achievement and a high energy level to attain goals;
4. Outcome Based by taking the initiative to meet goals and expectations, and consistently striving to produce tangible results with significant visible impact, and;
5. Targeted toward Ensuring Colleagues' Success by willingly and deliberately providing his/her expertise to others to build and sustain effective internal and external working relationships, and by modeling behaviors that consistently demonstrate concern for colleagues' success, needs, respect, trust, and integrity.